I know I complain a lot, and I certainly spend a lot of time wallowing in envy. I really am grateful for what I have, it's just hard for me to see the god things sometimes. Here's my list:
* I have a house, with a roof that doesn't leak and windows and doors that (mostly) keep out the cold.
* I have plenty of past travel experiences to remember fondly any time find myself staring forlornly at the suitcase I haven't used in far too long.
* Even though I've had, and am still having, financial problems, the situation really could be so much worse.
* My kids are happy, healthy, intelligent, imaginative, energetic, and loving.
* I have an awesome husband who is funny, creative, a great dad, a hard worker, an excellent travel companion, appreciates my eccentricities, and is understanding of and patient with my irritating quirks, both big and small.
* People all over the world who serve others, in big ways and little ways. They give me hope that there is kindness and compassion out there.