Translate

Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Year's Resolutions for 2014

Here it is, a little late. My resolutions for 2014. I am not resolving to lose weight, since I will be pregnant for half the year anyway. I am not resolving to be more spiritual, because that is an ongoing process that I can't achieve through a resolution.

1. Develop better cleaning habits.

I hate cleaning, and I am not very good at it. I am determined to find ways to make it easier on myself, and developing better cleaning habits is a major part of it.

2. Become more confident in being different.

I have come to accept that I am different. I don't want to be "crunchy". I dislike most cooking. I don't teach my children sign language. I would never subject myself to cloth diapers. I posess neither skill nor patience for gardening. I hate romantic books and movies. Lately, I have been feeling like I must be defective because of all this. Pinterest can be useful, but it also causes women to feel like we all have to be Martha Stewart. I resolve to embrace what I am instead of worrying about what I am not. I am not Martha Stewart.

3. Simplify my life.

I hate feeling rushed. I don't tolerate stress well. I feel certain that simplifying my life will help. So I resolve to get rid of stuff I don't need, say "no" without guilt, and develop a zen approach to life. I found a website I'll be using for this.


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment